Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server administered by a website hosting company. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's survey them. In this way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you desire to launch a website, e-mail accounts, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by certain hosts, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are often supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally imprecise interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allot the load between separate stacks of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web space hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share a great number of images with buddies or colleagues since the solution is generally free of charge. You will get a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your mail address accounts. Some suppliers offer web site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your web hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to manage as many videos as you wish without bothering about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to own a site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At 123HOST, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse compared with the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for specific content only.